GARY W. JOHNS
5745 Raven Road* Bloomfield Hills, Michigan 48301 * 248-855-2005
SALES / SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER
Strategic Sales Planning / Market Expansion / Relationship Management
Dynamic, entrepreneurial sales management strategist with a 20+ year record of achievement and demonstrated success driving multimillion-dollar sales growth while proving winning sales leadership in a very competitive market. Focused on company growth and revenues. Experienced mentor and advisor. Strongly rooted in building new business, securing customer’s loyalty and forging strong relationships for ongoing and repeat business.
SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER, 1990 – Present
Continental Structural Plastics – Troy, Michigan
CPS is a leading compression molder in both thermoset and thermoplastic materials. It employs over 800 associates with annual sales that exceed $250 million.
Responsible for transplant and domestic sales and associated business development functions, including new product launches, program management, customer relationship development, contract negotiations and order fulfillment. Additional responsibilities are Budget/product forecasting along with P&L.
· Provided the leadership to create new transplant markets with innovative applications. Mitsubishi, Nissan, Subaru, Honda, BMW, Mercedes, Hyundai, Rieter, and GM and Ford are present accounts.
· Responsible for sales increase from $3 million to $25 million in a five (5) year period. 1990-1995
· Met or exceeded all sales goals averaging more than $25 million in sales since 1995. Developed strong, sustainable relationships with key transplant decision makers in North America, European and Asian Markets / OEM’s along with Domestic OEM’s and Tier One companies.
· Launched and managed the first SMC Storm Water Chamber System creating a “Green” marketing strategy.
ACCOUNT MANAGER – 1984 -1990
Polymet / Rockwell International – Troy, Michigan
Rockwell was a leading compression molder of thermoplastic and thermoset composites
Responsible for and managed Asian and domestic transplant OEM’s.
Sales exceeded $30 million per year.
· Instrumental in creating the marketing, strategy/ development and implementation of the first front and rear Uni-directional bumper for the 1990 Honda Accord.
Western Michigan University Kalamazoo, Michigan
Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science and Business
· Completed seminars in Marketing and Business Finance at the University of Michigan.
October 1995: Per recognition in Marketing Excellence. Sponsored by Exxon Chemical for achievements related to the integrated - Stay I - Beam – Mitsubishi Motors.