ELECTRICAL ENGINEER III
The Corporation’s Fuel & Utility Systems
The Corporation is a $4.4 billion worldwide corporation employing 23,000. The company is one of the world’s leading suppliers of components, systems, and services to the aerospace industry. The Corporation Fuel & Utility Systems is one of the 10 largest of the company’s 170 locations.
This position is within the Vergennes’ Facility.
POSITION DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Reporting directly to the Boeing Engineering Team leader the Electrical Engineer III will be responsible for creating moderately complex Analog and Digital designs based on system level requirements. This will include the architecting of the design and the integration of modules to achieve requirements. These designs will support Printed Circuit Board layout for system components making up systems interfaced to sensors interfaced to the data-bus. During the first thirty to ninety days of employment the Electrical Engineer will mentor with Senior Engineers and work with other Senior Staff members to learn processes, procedures and become familiar with current projects. More specific responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
· Generating designs that are easily reusable as well as clear, easy to follow applicable design documentation.
· Create models and simulations that accurately portray circuit performance.
· Design complex sub-circuits based upon board level requirements.
· Perform a variety of analysis based upon Procedure 411 to include but not be limited to any of the following: EMI, Accuracy, Reliability, FMECA, DFM/DTC Evaluation, Stability, Timing, Parts Stress, and Power.
· Consistently design products meeting the specified design cost goals and manufacturing can realistically build and test with a limited number of major issues. Create designs taking into account testability issues.
· Generate qualification plans and test procedures from scratch.
· Develop and provide any and all documentation required for manuals, operation procedures, test procedures or any other necessary technical written procedures or manuals.
· Work and integrate easily into a multi-disciplined engineering design team populated with EE’s, ME’s, System’s Engineers and Software Engineers.
· Participate in the development of proposals. Work with purchasing to source and procure components.
· Perform box level reliability analysis and detailed piece-part FMEA/FMECA’s
· Apply layout design rules necessary to minimize the effects of circuit placement and routing as well as to be compliant to applicable specifications and safety.
· Work on projects independently as assigned or as part of a project team.
· Test, de-bug and trouble shoot component and board designs.
· Travel to customer site when required.
· Play an integral role in the completion of the department’s projects as required and assigned, to cost effectively achieve department and division objectives.
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS/EXPERIENCE AND CHARACTERISTICS
In general this position requires an individual to possess as well as evidence thorough knowledge of analog and digital design as well as strong general electrical engineering experience. This individual will be characterized by an eagerness to continue to learn seek creative solutions, innovate and achieve. More specific qualifications include but are not limited to the following:
· U.S Citizenship is a must (Canadian citizenship with permanent work status may be considered).
· Having achieved a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from a top engineering school with an MSEE highly preferred (one to five years experience).
· Strong general analog and digital design skills are critical to this position and considered one of the most important qualifications.
· A more experienced professional will be characterized by exposure to a diversity of projects with a broad range of experience. A less tenured individual will have a strong desire to be involved in a wide array of projects across a broad spectrum of assignments.
· Thoroughly knowledgeable and competent with any and all testing procedures and test equipment to include developing test procedures.
· Strong technical writing skills evidenced by the ability to write manuals, instructions, test procedures and provide any other necessary and required documentation including formal presentations.
· Knowledge of and the ability to source electrical components (those most commonly used in PC Board)
· Knowledge of or the ability to learn and apply DO-160 requirements, EMI requirements and H.I.R.F.
· Possessive of the basic understanding of what drives design reliability.
· Fluent in the operation of the reliability calculation tools.
· Can work easily with manufacturing in the initial design and throughout the entire design and manufacturing phase.
· Experience in aerospace, automotive or consumer products is preferred.
· Ambitious as evidenced by a constant desire for knowledge and the need to stay one step ahead of current technologies. Someone who would thrill in the creation of next generation product or solutions.
· Willing to adapt to change as business grows and changes. Flexible and willing to embrace change.
· Desirous of diverse projects. Avoids narrow focus or insistence on specializing in only a small, repetitive discipline.
· Easily integrates into new and existing teams based upon the demands of the business.
· Strong communication skills-verbal-written-listening.
· Ability to travel when required.
Compensation will be based on experience. Relocation assistance is available within reason and is grossed up plus paid moving.